Miami Beach remains one of the hottest, most popular places to visit in the United States. Beautiful, historical, and vibrant, this area has more than just sun and surf to offer locals and tourists. South Beach is the place to be for breathtaking beaches, exciting night life, beautiful architecture, and more. If you’re fortunate enough to find yourself in Miami Beach, there’s a lot you can do and explore:
Fun and Sun:
- South Beach is the most popular beach for soaking up the Florida sun. The Lummus Park area is especially known for its glitz and night life.
- Topless beaches can be accessed around the 10th Street area.
- For the best swimming access, try the beaches to the north, around 85th Street.
- Some of the most luxurious shops and boutiques in the country can be found in Miami Beach. For high-end fashion check out the shops at Bal Harbour or Lincoln Road Mall.
- Antiques shopping is best across the bay in Greater Miami.
Too much sun? Take a break. There are many spa centers in the region. Some of the most chic are associated with hotels, including the Agua Spa at the Delano, offering a rooftop view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Bars and Nightclubs:
The exciting after-hours scene of Miami Beach is a major draw. Many of the clubs are quite exclusive, you’ll need to dress the part if you want to get in. Parties don’t get into full swing until after 11:00 pm, and expect high cover charges. Some of the clubs with big-name DJs will be found in South Beach.
There are also a number of smaller, beach-side watering holes if you’re just looking to sip a quiet drink and take in the scenery.
Bring the Kids:
Although Miami Beach has earned its reputation as a party town, that’s not to say that families can’t also enjoy themselves. Family friendly beaches with picnic areas and playgrounds are plentiful with many businesses offering para-sailing, surfing, and other activities. A day trip to the Everglades, only about an hour’s drive away, is also a great way to extend family fun.
Music, Art, and More:
Music festivals, concerts, art exhibitions, car shows, all of these activities and more regularly come to Miami Beach. Depending on the time of year you arrive, you’re almost guaranteed to find an event just right for you.